View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 PM
rivka
Banned

I just discovered that to be able to post anything in the Classifieds area, I have to have "a regular here" showing up under my name. My understanding is that you have to post a certain amount every day to be able to get that message.

Let me get this straight -- I spend hours on this board every day, reading other people's posts, and maybe posting once a day if I feel I have anything useful or intelligent to contribute -- and yet, I'm not a "regular"? And if I want to get rid of a little extra fabric, or some extraneous rulers, I need to go around and post a bunch of comments, just to get my post count up to get "a regular here" under my name?

I'm sorry, but I really think that's unfair to people who are constant and regular members of the site but don't have a lot to say. If you want people to go around posting "That looks great" under every picture of a quilt, just to get their post count up, then okay -- but it doesn't seem like much of a "contribution" to the site. I really think this should be reconsidered; other forums have the capability of tracking how much total time is actually spent on the forum viewing threads; that should be counted towards a person's "regular" status, too.

And if not...well, then looks like I have a lot of posting to do...

ETA: Just want to say, it's not the fact that you want to make sure that only regular users are posting in the classifieds area that I object to. I just find it somewhat hurtful to not be considered a regular considering the hours I spend here. Maybe it's because I'm a massive introvert or something :) Judging a person's regular-ness only by how much they write is rewarding people for extroversion; reading threads is activity, as well!