Thread: Odd size blocks
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
MTS
Banned

About 7 years ago, my friends and I did a Round Robin inspired by the book "Setting Solutions" by Sharyn Craig.

The rules were kind of convoluted, but at the end of 5 rounds, there were 14 blocks of all sizes for each participant - 4 made by the owner and the rest by the group. Mind you, the group only got to see one of those 4 original blocks when making theirs.

The point was to have 14 blocks of different sizes made by 5 people, and the only thing they had in common was ONE fabric, which they had to use - even if just a smidgen - in the blocks they made.

Like I said, convoluted.

The last round - well, the last person in the rotation had to make a quilt top - a finished quilt top (with borders, not quilted).

It was great fun, and a fabulous learning experience as we all had not been quilting very long.

Here are the quilts , picture taken on the day of the big reveal: (there are 7 so give me time to upload them_

I made the Lone Star for one of the participants, and I received the Dark Blue Graphic quilt. I was one happy camper
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153231.jpe   attachment-153232.jpe   attachment-153233.jpe   attachment-153325.jpe   attachment-153330.jpe  

attachment-153336.jpe   attachment-153354.jpe