View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:01 AM
GrandmK

No I have never had holes in the material. Maybe I think I stretch it tighter than I actually do!! LOL
This is the link to their site http://okleequilting.com/store/ They USE to be snowmobile store but a lot of quilters use them as you can see. I bought my first snowmobile suit from them 40 years ago and still have it. Don't wear it any more but could if I needed to. I washed it a lot also.
I usually buy the 6.5 oz but one time by mistake got the 8 oz and my husband complained it was to warm!!!!
We threw a piece in the washing machine (like a 12 inch square) with towels and it never changed shape even with no tying or anything to hold it in place. It makes a very cuddly quilt. Some times a few of us get together and order a row or 1/2 row and divide it up!! Hope this helps
Originally Posted by Randa
Originally Posted by GrandmK
I have one made of Pine. The more you use it the easier it is to use. I use thumb tacks to put the back on. I stretch as much as I can safely stretch. Then I lay the batting on. I use from a company that makes snowmobile suits. It has never bunched up or worn out. then I lay the pieced top and stretch:that. After I tie and take the thumb tacks out it "poof's up" I like a soft poofy warm quilt. 20 below this AM
GrandmaK, where do you buy your snowmobile batting? This would be perfect for car quilts! And can you give a ballpark price? (Love your quilt and you sure remind me of my gramma at the quilt frame!! Great memories!)
Don't the thumb tacks leave holes in the material?