View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 AM
thequiltmama
Banned

paypal charges 3+ % plus 30 cents per transaction. So definitely keep that in mind when you sell. Because for a $1000 item you will pay roughly $35.00 in fees. Hope this helps. :-)
Originally Posted by hazeljane
Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
I have never sold anything on this board and am curious as to how one receives payment. I have a Bernina BSR that came with my first machine, then I bought a 730 and it also came with a new BSR, so I have two. I'd like to sell one BSR, but am not sure how the payment works, especially on an expensive item. I want to believe that all of us are honorable people, but sometimes things go wrong, and I don't want to lose that much money (retail, I believe is about $1,000). If it were a $5 item I wouldn't care, but this is a big investment. Thanks for any advice you have.
If you do not have a Paypal account- I would create one. I would never buy anything that expensive online without using Paypal- it protects both parties. (You get your money, safely, before sending out product, and buyer has some recourse if the item is damaged, broken, etc.)

Paypal does charge the seller a small fee, so take that into account in your price. Also, you can use Paypal to create a shipping label to ship your item. You are right, you don't want to lose that much money, and neither will the buyer. Paypal rules....