View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:46 AM
moreland

Originally Posted by cjr
It seems to be getting more difficult to thread my sewing machine needles .(yes I wear glasses & was recently seen by eye DR). Two questions 1. Do you use an independent threader for your machine, and is it worth the money??? Do not seem to be expensive on Ebay. #2. If you are store front or on line seller do you sell them and what is price? I would prefer to buy from someone here rather then outsider.

Thank you in advance for your help

Quiltingly, CJR
Caroline
I haven't read through all the responses so this may duplicate someone else's. The BEST needle threader I have found is two fold--Use Superior's titanium top stitch needles as they have a larger hole. I use them for ALL my sewing. Then lick the tip of your finger and rub it against the needle. Be sure the thread is cut at an angle that so the point of the angle is away from the thread source. I usually lick the end of the thread too but that is optional. There is something in your saliva that draws the thread in--It is amazing but it does work. I learned this in a quilting class and have read a number of other times about the process. Sure is worth trying. This works with hand sewing needles as well.