View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by feffertim
I agree, when I first started quilting I subscribed to them all, now I am down to 2, they all seem the same, nothing new. SOmetimes I find a new gadget to try but thats about all. F & P just started a digital subscription, I may get that because it comes with videos too.
I did the exact same thing. When I first started quilting quite a number of years ago, I subscribed to every one there was. I was so enchanted by the whole process of quiltmaking. Now little by little I've let them lapse. I think I got rid of Quilters Newsletter first, then American Patchwork & Quilting, then Fons & Porter's. This year I've dropped McCall's Quilting and Quilter's World. I'm down to just a couple now, but I'll be letting them expire too. I have saved almost all of the old issues. They're all in black magazine holders, in order by year and month. I can find one I'm looking for instantly. So, for the rest of my quilting life I'll use the patterns from the magazines I already have. There are more than enough. Of course I also download free patterns whenever I find one I love. Think of the money I can save and spend on more fabric!! But that's a whole other story.

8-)