Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines >

Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines

Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines

Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 PM

How about...to show our appreciation, please accept 1 free year of great quilting....when you buy one!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by janedee
yep have to agree they all seem to be the same stuff so now only buy if there are two or more things inside that really interest me
I do that too. being on a pension I cannot afford to waste money on books that are not worth buying. I get them from my quilt group or buy it if as you said more that 3 things of interest in them.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by feffertim
I agree, when I first started quilting I subscribed to them all, now I am down to 2, they all seem the same, nothing new. SOmetimes I find a new gadget to try but thats about all. F & P just started a digital subscription, I may get that because it comes with videos too.
I did the exact same thing. When I first started quilting quite a number of years ago, I subscribed to every one there was. I was so enchanted by the whole process of quiltmaking. Now little by little I've let them lapse. I think I got rid of Quilters Newsletter first, then American Patchwork & Quilting, then Fons & Porter's. This year I've dropped McCall's Quilting and Quilter's World. I'm down to just a couple now, but I'll be letting them expire too. I have saved almost all of the old issues. They're all in black magazine holders, in order by year and month. I can find one I'm looking for instantly. So, for the rest of my quilting life I'll use the patterns from the magazines I already have. There are more than enough. Of course I also download free patterns whenever I find one I love. Think of the money I can save and spend on more fabric!! But that's a whole other story.

8-)
Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tennessee Suzi
How about...to show our appreciation, please accept 1 free year of great quilting....when you buy one!
TOO funny!! :lol: :lol:
Old 02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by Grandma Libby
Does anyone know ANY OTHER good quilt shows on TV...I don't watch a whole show online, just videos. I get Fons & Porter but since it is her and her daughter, I don't care too much for it. Maybe it is just me. I just REALLY miss Simply Quilts on tv.
I'm with you. I really miss Simply Quilts, too. I liked her online show with Ricky Timms but I don't really care for Alex on it. She acts a little childish which she didn't do on her own show.
I, too miss Simply Quilts. I used to watch it religiously. I don't like their on-line show either. As far as I'm concerned there is no other show that can compare with Simply Quilts.

8-)
Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM

Went to the grocery store last week- picked-up a quilt magazine called Quilt almanac 2011 wasn't any thicker then regular quilt magazine, got to the check-out and it was $9.95. Today went to same store looked at magazine's and there was a different magazine and it was $9.95. nothing in it, same old stuff. I looked at the price this time, didn't buy it.elise
Old 02-06-2011, 02:15 PM

My mom and I both feel that way, there is nothing in magazines that I have a desire to make. Nothing like they us to be.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:56 PM

Not only quilt magazines but books and patterns. Twice lately I've seen a pattern in a new book only to find that when I look inside the pattern isn't in the book and later to find it advertised as a block of the month and I don't want a quilt the same colors as 100 others. Most of the patterns I look at only give the yardage for a wall hanging or small quilt and if I have to stop and figure it out why buy the pattern?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:33 PM

Many seem to be showing a line of fabric and a lot of the fabric lately is not to my liking. I did get a digital subscription to both Fons and Porter and to Quilters World. I really like that you can download what you want and don't have to have magazines stacking up.