View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Tiffany

Oh! I am so glad this thread got bumped to the top!! I evidently missed this one and the moment I saw it I knew I had to make it. I love how striking it is and I'm thinking it might make a really good boy's quilt. I have already printed the instructions and I think I will disappear downstairs soon and see how easily this block goes together.

There is just one thing I do differently from the instructions. When I draw the sewing line on the back of the 2.5-inch square, I then draw a second line a half inch away that mirrors that line. Then, when I am sewing, I sew down this second line as well as the main one and this gives me a second, smaller half quare triangle. I save these up and either use them in the project (as sashing, along borders, on the back, or in the label) or I add them to a growing pile I have and I will make a quilt out of them someday, when I have enough of them. I thought I would share this trick since it doesn't take much time to do. Hopefully someone will enjoy it as much as I do.
Piece ~ Tiffany