View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:41 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

In defense of WalMart and their pricing, my local fabric store has raised prices at least $2.00 per yard. Their store is about 15 times as large as any WalMart fabric department I have been in. I just purchased some coordinating fabric for Auburn and Alabama. It was 58" wide but had a whopping price of $13.99 a yard. I could only get 1/2 yard of two different fabrics. Everyone is marking everything up. The cost of lumber has more than doubled in the past few years. Also, I worked in WalMart fabrics for 3 years before they took our fabric out. I just went into another WalMart fabric department and they had many new fabrics that we didn't have in the past. I don't agree with many of the WalMart corporate decisions either. You want to talk about the cost of fabric? I just found this on E-Bay. This is a vintage piece of fabric, 2 yards x 44". It sold for $108.05. WOW. Wish I owned a bolt of this LOL

Originally Posted by oma66
Speaking of Wal Mart - I was there last week and they were in the process of marking the fabric - up - $1.00 and more a yard. I no longer go to Wal Mart every week. I find better prices at my local market. I did, however, go in at least twice a month to check on the fabrics, but I will no longer do that. I can use my coupons to local fabric shops and get better prices. So long, Wal Mart - it was a nice run while it lasted!
Vintage fabric with price of $108.05 for 2 yards
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149134[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-149129.jpe