View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:16 AM
BKrenning

There is a new kind of mouse trap out now. I can't remember what they're called but it's a white plastic box with a red bait door and red lever to set the trap. You put peanut butter--(I have no idea why anyone would use cheese--peanut butter works for all critters)--in the little bait door and close it. Then you press down on the little red lever to set the trap & put it where ever you've seen mice. I put mine parallel with the floor boards like a drive-in for mice. When the mouse enters, the "floor" pops up, trapping him inside. It doesn't kill him unless you forget to check it for a few days--kids forget to tell me. Anyway, when they do tell me, I take the critter for a little ride up the road and shake him out. If it dies before I get to the trap, I throw the whole thing away. That's what you're supposed to do anyway but I can't let the icky things die of thirst so I turn them loose a mile up the road.

Ortho Home Max may be what they are called. We get them at Lowe's. They come 2 in a package so I'm thinking the previous post is what I'm trying to describe.