View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Originally Posted by bigsister63
You should be giving a gift to make the receipent happy not to get compliments for yourself. Do you feel the same way about no appreciation when you give a store bought gift that you may have spent a lot of money on?. What do you expect person to do - jump up and down when they receive you quilt. The quilt should be made with love and given with love with no other expectations. Sounds like you are giving gifts for the wrong reason.
As a matter of fact I do expect the recipient to jump up and down, and if they don't I snatch up the quilt and bring it back home with me. LMAO*

I think it can just be hurtful sometimes when you spend hours and hours on a quilt to find it wadded up and chewed on in the dogs pen. Don't you make an attempt to show people how much you appreciate the gift they gave you, hand made or not? Lol* I think that's just a nice thing to do. ;) Like setting out a photo frame someone gave you on the mantel so they know it's special to you when they come to visit. I certainly don't want to give any gift to anyone if they aren't going appreciate it...be it a quilt or a pack of pencils from the dollar tree! LOL*