View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Suzi

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I usually don't gift quilts (or handmade anything) unless specifically requested. I have things I've made around the house and if somone admires them, I'll gift it then and there. I do give quilts to children and expect that they would much rather have a new game for their nintendo. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprized. My mom always said that the gift is for the recipient, not the giver. So if I get an inkling they would rather have a gift card to Target, that's what they get. In my circle of sewing friends I hear so many stories of people being disappointed in the recipients reactions, from the same people over and over! One woman said that the entire time she was working on the quilt she thought about how happy the person was going to be when she gave it to her, and was disappointed. Don't know. I guess it's just me I think that some folks just set themselves up for disappointment. A quilt is a big investment in time and money for it to be given unrequested. OK you probably all hate me now!
Hate you? I don't think so ......... your comments are my thoughts exactly!