View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 AM
plainpat

Deema,the best gift you could ever give your Mom is a copy of your post....with a short explanation of the subject.I guarantee she'll save it all her life,& will never forget what you said.The quilt will come in 2nd :) You could even mail it,but take my word for it, she'll love every word.

Originally Posted by deema
I give quilts to people I think will appreciate them and use them. Everyone I have gifted a quit to, is that kind of person. My mom, who loves her dogs and lets them go anywhere, won't let her dogs on the quilt I made for her when she uses it. lol I told her it's ok for the dogs to go on the quilt -- it's meant to be used -- but she says "NO NO NO! It is beautiful and perfect and you worked so hard on this. I might not know exactly what goes into making a quilt, but I know it takes time, money and effort. I won't have them ruining it." I guess they like to "dig" into blankets to get comfy and she's afraid they will tear it. :) I think it's sweet and a bit silly...but I appreciate, so much, the love she has for it.