View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:01 PM
millivanillisask

Originally Posted by MissBarkey
I am part of a Block of the Month group at my local quilt shop. I've been quilting for about 2 years and haven't really accomplished much, but I wanted to join this BOM to learn more about quilting and to end up with a beautiful quilt for my bed. Bad move.
The owner of the shop is a wonderful lady who is patient and helpful and the other ladies in the group are equally helpful. No -problem there. The problem is me and my lack of self-confidence and skill. These ladies are good....really good. They are doing this quilt as either an investment (it was costly) or as an entry in shows. I am totally intimidated by their abilities and have ripped out all my blocks I've done so far.
My question is this, should I just give up and chalk it up to an expensive lesson in "look before you quilt"? I really don't know what to do. Thanks for letting me vent.
Don't give up I am a beginner and just ask for help when needed and I do take advantage of all the great advice from this board. One block at a time , stay in YOUR comfort zone. :thumbup: