View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 AM
patsyo56721

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter
Originally Posted by bigsister63
I know that this topic has been discussed before with about the same responses. I am amazed at the attitude of so many people about only giving quilts to those that will appreciate them. how does one show appreciation? I want to say "shame on you". You all are not giving gifts in the correct spirit of giving. You should be giving quilts or other gifts because you want to share yourself with the receipant and not because you want a trophy. Gifts should have no strings attached or instruction on how to be used.You all sound like the kid who brought their jacks to the playground and then said " If you do not let me win then I am going to take my jacks and go home" As far as the hours spent ibn making quilts or any other handmade project - I figure my time is free since the how else would I be spending my time- Cleaning- I would rather be quilting!
Well, you go ahead and wag your finger in shame at us. We're all grown ups here, we can take it. ;) I don't think there is a darn thing wrong with wanting some appreciation for doing something nice for someone. I think taking the time to make soemthing for someone is just as important as trying to give something the recipient would enjoy. I doubt a soul here who has given something ever thought that the recipient wouldn't enjoy it...but they have every right to feel let down when they discover that the gift wasn't enjoyed as they'd hoped.

I just don't believe for a second that you would spend hundreds of hours and hard earned dollars slaving over a quilt that you truly thought someone close to you would love and that you wouldn't be the least bit upset to find out they used to sop up the oil from the motor they pulled apart on it...and seriously if you comment back saying that you would be fine with that then lady, you are a saint and I hope you get your angel wings soon because I would be pissed.
my sentiments exactly. I don't want glory for what I do but I like to be appreciated.....