Thread: women friends
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Tropical

I was thinking about this while I made the bed this morning. My Mom is my best woman friend and she always was. Well, not when I was 14, 15, and 16. lol She lives in Michigan and we talk about 3 or 4 hours a week on the phone about anything and everything with lots of "I Love Yous thrown in." My Best Best friend is my DH. We have always enjoyed doing things together just the two of us. We did love spending time with our sons when they were growing up. We live in Florida now and met a nice couple we spent time with until they moved back to Arkansas. We still talk and visit when they come here or we see them on our way to Michigan in the summer. As for spending time with just women friends, I never have much. I grew up with five brothers and it is easier to get along with men. There is no competition or snide remarks to deal with when women are out of sorts. I always tell my DH that I will be a hermit if I am ever left alone later in life. I'm happy and so is he. He is much more social than I am and makes friends easily. He just no longer wants to go places with them.