View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Wunder-Mar

My horror story. I gave a large , colorful lap quilt that I spent a lot of time and creativity designing and machine quilting myself, embellishing, etc - you get the idea - to my best friend of 25 years.

She nailed it to the wall with 12 fat nails across the top.

NAILED IT TO THE WALL

NAILED IT TO THE WALL.

I had put a sleeve on the back, and had given her for Christmas a quilt hanging set (dowel and wood brackets) just a few months before specifically for her birthday quilt (the one I gave her) which she knew was coming. I had made other quilts for her so this was not a new thing for her. She had also just a few months before watched me make a wheelchair quilt over a weekened for her daughter's teacher, start to finish ... after which she said, "Wow - there is so much love and detail that goes into a quilt!" so she knew what it takes.

AND SHE NAILED IT TO THE WALL.

When I could speak again I asked her why she didn't use the dowel/bracket set she said it was too much of a hassle and that she'd decided to use it to hang a fancy large bath rug in the dressing area.

I ended the 25 year friendship a few months later with no regrets in the three years since.