Old 02-15-2011, 09:04 AM
LMB

I posted a question about basting spray. I got several good answers and the general answer was that it smelled but worked great. I searched for 505 spray because it was the least stinky... but no luck, other than ordering on line, and I thought it was too exspensive.(I am on a fixed income and have become a real tight wad.) So yesterday when I was in the local Meijers store I found a can of Elmers craft bond. It was 11 ounces and only cost me $4.97. I tried it on a 12x12 piece of fabric that I wanted to FMQ... on the fabric and the batting.
It didnt bother my husbands breathing a bit... (still a little stinky, but not terribly) and it worked wonderfully. The only draw back is that you spray it and wait 3 to 5 minutes then add the second layer. Ladies (and Gents) for the price I am willing to wait that long. I am going back today and get more. I think this is a fantastic price and couldnt wait to get on here and share. If anyone trys it will you please post and tell me how you think it compares to the other basting sprays. I am old school and pin and baste and the idea of making a quilt sandwitch with spray has just put me over the top with joy.
I hope someone out there is as excited as I am with this.

PS my avatar is my only son with his new baby. He is 40 years old and we (his 5 sisters and I) never thought he would get married... now here is married with a baby girl. Can you hear the joy I feel, and sence the tears in my eyes? lol

Elmer's Craft Bond 11 oz (311g)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153181[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153176.bmp