View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Daisy144

on another post a lady was concerned about making a baby quilt for a picky son and dil. I have a different problem and qould like to get some ideas/opinions - my daughter is expecting our first grandchild any minute and I have made several blankets/quilts, mostly utilitarian, even taking one well loved quilt that had belonged to his mother apart, put in new batting and requilted it but I have never gotten around to making the "heirloom quilt" that I have collected fabric for - since they (professionals) are telling young parents to not put blankets into beds with babies now days but to put them into blanket sleepers adding one more blanket (even an heirloom one) seems redundant - fixing one to hang on the wall wouldn't work because its not something she would do - so I am in a quandry - should I go ahead and make the quilt or should I just leave it be - and if I should go ahead and make the thing please offer some suggestions - I prefer simple, traditional patterns - I have white dotted white on white to use with my bunny materials - the dots, etc on all three pieces of blue are irridencent - lakehouse fabric
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117732.jpe