Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas for DGS heirloom baby quilt >

Ideas for DGS heirloom baby quilt

Ideas for DGS heirloom baby quilt

Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Daisy144
Ok - I'll go ahead and make the quilt - but I need Ideas!!! Help! - add white dotted tone on tone to the three attached and I need help = have hit a brick wall - 9-patch? if so, how - fence rail? I'm serious, ladies, that's another reason I've made the quilt because I cant come up with a design
It will be cute whatever you decide. I watched a video showing how to do tube quilts today, and that would work great with these fabrics and the white one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WgT...eature=related

Or how about a sampler quilt? Several different blocks with the same fabrics to pull them together. It's the perfect choice when you can't decide.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 PM

My son is 5 and when he was a baby. I used blankets for so much more than in the crib. It is important to have many, for taking in the car, to the park, in the stroller, and just playing on the floor around the house. He still uses his baby quilts in his reading corner and watching TV.

If it was me I would make a D9P with the bunnies in the large squares. They are simple to make and look much more complicated.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:45 AM

When my DIL was expecting, we were talking about all the things they may need and she blurted out "One thing we don't need is more blankets!" I was miffed ... and didn't make a quilt at all. In fact, I made nothing for the baby and went the Babies R Us route. Made me sad, and because I've made 3 baby quilts since then, I think they're wondering why I didn't make one for this GD. Nothing has ever been said. But why give a gift to someone who doesn't want it???
Old 02-17-2011, 05:03 AM

The fabric is beautiful. I would definitely go ahead and make the quilt. You will be glad you did.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:24 AM

That's the problem with being a MIL. She probably doesn't even remember saying that, and now wonders why you havn't made her child a quilt. You can never win. I would make the quilt. She can use it for tummy time if nothing else.
Sue
Old 02-17-2011, 06:06 AM

Daisy, Check out the picture of the one I made. Look for Grandmother's Fan in search. Carol