View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 05:52 PM
june6995

This discussion has been very interesting to me. Why? I bought a New Home Memory Craft 7000 (computerized) sewing machine in 1986. Yep, better than 20 years ago. I have had it cleaned. that is it! Replaced a few light bulbs but nothing else. It has been a workhorse as I did dressmaking and also made boutique items for a number of years. Then I began to make quilts in 2000. I turn off/on a lot. Right now I feel it is getting "warm" so I don't leave it on for long periods of time.

Last week I said to hubby "would you help me open the bottom and see how much lint is in the bottom?" We did, and after 20 years I felt there was llittle we could do to harm it. There was very little lint, so I took the can of WD40 and hit a few places. The race is getting a bit noisy and I suspect the parts are wearing. But my goodness, 21 years and still sewing up a storm.

I am not sure I could fall for those stories. AT least not the machine I have. There was no moisture inside and no rust. Excellent for that much use. And in use, I mean, sewing everyday. This machine was not one to sit with the cover on it. It was USED and used HARD! I would never trade it in. If I were to buy a new machine, I would continue to keep this one.

This is one person's experience and a GOOD REPORT on computerized machines. I love it!

June in Cincinnati