Thread: Long Arm dilema
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 01:21 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by quilterella
After viewing all the responses I received about different long arms, sit-downs versus frames, I am leaning towards long arm and frame. I just finished a queen on my Janome, and, that if nothing else has swayed me to the machine and frame. The Tin Lizzie 18 DLS is quite appealing for the price. I can test drive it about 1.5 hrs drive. The shop owner is very nice, I used to know her when I had my own quilt shop. The other option is the Lenni, which a shop 6 hrs away is having a APQS rep come in on Apr 15. He says there will be deals if you are ready to buy that day. So, now I am looking for pros and cons of the two machines. I realize having a dealer close by is not as important as with your DSM, but, I would rather travel 1.5 hrs - not 6. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I bought a Tin Lizzie 18DLS in December. I have done 6 quilts on it so far. It is my first long arm and I was on a budget and I got a really good offer on the price so that was the deciding factor for me. It is similar to Handi Quilter. They are both very easy to move around. I am liking my Tin Lizzie so far. I am mostly going to be quilting for myself so I couldn't justify spending a lot more money for a long arm--as long as it works sufficient--I figured I might as well get the one with the best deal--which was the Tin Lizzie. Good luck with your decision. I did go to a big Quilt show last fall and looked at and tried many of the brands. I would recommend you do that if you have time to wait.