Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long Arm dilema >

Long Arm dilema

Long Arm dilema

Old 02-21-2011, 05:20 AM

[quote=quilterella][quote=aborning]
Originally Posted by I bought a Tin Lizzie 18DLS in December. I have done 6 quilts on it so far. It is my first long arm and I was on a budget and I got a really good offer on the price so that was the deciding factor for me. It is similar to Handi Quilter. They are both very easy to move around. I am liking my Tin Lizzie so far. I am mostly going to be quilting for myself so I couldn't justify spending a lot more money for a long arm--as long as it works sufficient--I figured I might as well get the one with the best deal--which was the Tin Lizzie. Good luck with your decision. I did go to a big Quilt show last fall and looked at and tried many of the brands. I would recommend you do that if you have time to wait.[/quote
What is the size of your setup? How much space do you need at either end of the frame.? Now that I've narrowed it down to a Tin lizzie LS, I'm not sure my room will be big enough!
If your frame is like mine, you can add different lengths of bars for the frame. I bought mine used and it came with 10 foot bars. It didn't fit in my room, so I put the 6 foot bars on the frame and then it fit okay. If I remember correctly, there are three sizes, I just don't remember if the other size is 8 foot or 12 foot. Mine is the wood frame.

With the 6 foot frame, I can't quilt the large quilts, but it works great for the smaller ones. You might look into the frame choices of the model your are buying.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by I bought a Tin Lizzie 18DLS in December. I have done 6 quilts on it so far. It is my first long arm and I was on a budget and I got a really good offer on the price so that was the deciding factor for me. It is similar to Handi Quilter. They are both very easy to move around. I am liking my Tin Lizzie so far. I am mostly going to be quilting for myself so I couldn't justify spending a lot more money for a long arm--as long as it works sufficient--I figured I might as well get the one with the best deal--which was the Tin Lizzie. Good luck with your decision. I did go to a big Quilt show last fall and looked at and tried many of the brands. I would recommend you do that if you have time to wait.[/quote
What is the size of your setup? How much space do you need at either end of the frame.? Now that I've narrowed it down to a Tin lizzie LS, I'm not sure my room will be big enough!
I have the metal frame and it is set up for 12 ft. length. It can also be changed to 8 ft. length.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM

I have the metal frame and it is set up for 12 ft. length. It can also be changed to 8 ft. length.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:01 PM

I am having to sell my BabyLock Jewel Quilting Machine, QuiltMotion, QuiltCAD, and Grace Majestic Quilting Frame. All are near new and still under warranty. Less than 24hrs of quilting time has been used on this. It works great and in great shape! My DH got laid off and I hate to sell it but I have to make our house payment. I am only asking $9,500.00 OBO for all! A great deal since I just paid over $19,000.00 The end of last year. The QuiltMotion is only 2 months old and has only Quilted one small quilt. If interested please email me at [email protected]

All that is included:

1. BabyLock Jewel Quilting Machine
2. Carriage with encoders for Grace Pinnacle Frame
3. Electronic bobbin winder with variable speed
4. Laser light and clamp for following pantographs
5. “M” size metal bobbins
6. Needles size 16 and 18
7. Thread mast and washers
8. Oiling Kit
9. Needle Removal wrench
10. Alan Wrenches
11. Front and back handles both with LCD monitor screens and controls
12. ¼” hopping foot
13. QuiltMotion Software
14. LCD display on swivel mount
15. 15’ USB cable
16. housing/carriage plate
17. 300 Built in Patterns
18. QuiltCAD software
19. QuiltMotion Quick Reference Guide book
20. QuiltMotion Installation Guide book
21. Grace Majestic Quilting Frame (King, queen, & Crib size)
22. 4 king size leader polls or 8 crib size
23. Cloth Leaders
24. Velcro Leader Attachments
25. Plastic Tube Leader Attachments
26. Blue plastic leader attachment roller
27. 1 Large pink spool of thread
28. 1 king size Frame table or 2 crib size
29. Jewel Track System
30. And many many more extras!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150570[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150571[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150572[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150565.jpe   attachment-150566.jpe   attachment-150567.jpe