Thread: scrap quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Mary L

This is great! I really like it, and especially since scrap quilts are my favorite - they are so homey. Now my question is about how you chose your colors. Did you seperate into lights and darks? Or what? The layout seems perfect.
I pretty much went by the pattern for colors. I was really surprised when I saw purples and orange /golds in the fabrics used in the original. I found out that it added character . I was just learning how to quilt when I started this. I watched Simply Quilts on Tv and learned a lot about what I was doing with color. I guess what I found with this quilt is the more you have of a color it stands out and reads that color , but you add others to make it pop, and it gives it character .
I finished this quilt back in 2006 but added to it recently for my king size bed . When I added the fabrics many were different, but as you see it looks the same because the color stayed uniform to the rest of the quilt . yes I did seperate you need to to get the definition , the pattern tells you how to achive this .

hope that helps answer your question .
Thank You for all the nice compliments !! : )