Old 01-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Shadow Dancer

Each of my kids were given a quilt, when they moved out to their own place the quilts went with them. My kids all saw me sewing, they saw the time it took to put a top together, and the hours spent hand quilting, so they had some appreciation of the work that goes into a quilt.

One day I went to visit my oldest son and his wife, as I pulled into their driveway I saw his quilt laying on the ground. His wife had used it to put the baby on outside, instead of bringing it back in she left it there. It had been rained on repeatedly, and was covered in mud because their dog had dragged it across the yard and was using it to lay on when the dog was tied out.

When I found the words, I asked if that was my son's quilt, his wife casually stated, 'oh yes, it's old so I just let the dog have it." :shock:

Needless to say I won't be making another quilt to replace that one. I did make my oldest granddaughter a quilt and it was washed in hot water with bleach....

So no, non quilters have no clue how much time, money and love goes into a quilt.