View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Country1

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
Okay, well, freaking out might be an exaggeration, but not by much. I am making a memory quilt for the son of a friend. His dad was killed in an accident in July. I'm making the quilt out of his dad's shirts. I have the shirts. I have the pattern. I've tested the blocks. I bought backing fabric.

Now I need to get going if I want to have the quilt done in time for his birthday in March, but the box of fabrics, templates, pattern, etc is sitting there and I am procrastinating. I've cut into a few of the shirts, and made a grand total of three blocks - two pieced, one plain, of the 108 blocks that I'll need. I get very anxious because I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up and make something that will be painful to the kid and his mom instead of comforting.

I want to do this quilt. I volunteered to do this quilt. I love the idea of this quilt, but I am having a hard time just doing the cutting.

I'm not sure what I'm asking for here. I just really need to get it out, I guess.

God bless you for this wonderful gift you are going to make. Calm down and realize, yes this is very important, but it's the love that goes into it that helps makes it even precious. It will be beautiful when you do it, just calm down and it will all come together beautifully.