View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 12:09 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
What do you like about batik?
They aren't so "in your face" as so many of the fabrics being produced for the younger "modern" quilter, nor are they the cutsie calicoes of years past.

What's so great?
They feel so luxurious, almost like silk.

Why do you like them?
They are wonderful to work with. They take a press nicely; seams lie very flat. They come in a variety of designs from blender-like patterns to some with designs that stand out.

make me like them!! I see so many pretty quilts with them, but I just don't know.. am I defective or the only quilter here that doesn't like them?
You are getting sleepy, very, very sleepy . . . You like batiks! You like batiks! You like batiks! You love batiks.

No one can make you like them. I didn't like them at all in the beginning of their existence, but now, after having worked with them, I would rather work with them than other fabrics. Connecting Threads has batiks that are great quality and loads cheaper than others. I love using black as my background fabric & batiks just stand out so proudly against the black.

No one is going to ban you from the quilting worls because of your personal choice. That's what is so great about quilters - we attack the Quiltzillas we encounter! :twisted:

The thing we all need to remember is that we are supposed to be having fun, not feeling guilty about our preferences. Now, go out there and HAVE FUN!