View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:25 AM
quilterella

Originally Posted by FERSID
I'm wondering what my fellow QB members pay for quilting fabric where they live/shop for example:

Price per yard for medium quality quilting fabric and/or price per yard for high quality (from specific designers such as Moda, Northcott, Robt.Kaufman, etc.)

Also perhaps, typical prices for other general quilting supply needs.

The reason I'm asking is I'm in the process of setting up my Website.

There doesn't seem to be too many online fabric/notions/and misc. supplies sellers here in Canada.

We generally have to do our online shopping south of the Border and shipping/customs & duties, etc., can really take a big bite out of our pocket books. That in turn means less we can spend on our quilting supply needs.

So I hope to offer affordable items online here in Canada and of course, I will certainly welcome any business from my much appreciated and admired fellow QB members where ever they reside.

Thanks for any input you can give.

:P :?: :P :?: :P
I know what you mean...I pay anywhere from $12.99 to 21.99 a metre/yd depending on what I'm looking for. I had to get batting the other day for DGD quilt and was looking at various prices while I was there. This was an older QS that kinda smelled musty and had no new lines...go figure! As much as I hate to, I order online, Connecting Threads, Thousands of Bolts and BearPaw Quilting. I noticed even the online prices are increasing gradually. Duty doesn't enter into it often, mostly shipping charges. It will be nice to have another Canadian online shop...good luck with your endeavor!