View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 AM
grammy Dwynn

Retreats are FUN! I will be going to 'mine' in a week, my 4th year. Ours is put on by LQS. It is held at a basketball camp, there are dorms, private (rent able) houses, basketball courts (which none of us quilters use lol) and a conference/dining area. We have our machines set up on the outer perimeter of the conference/dining room. Dining table on the inner part of the room. We sew and sew and sew. Then the chow bell rings for the provided meals, then go back to the outside and sew some more. We sleep in the dorm areas, which are the QUIET zones, because if anyone pulled all nighter they can take a nap during the day. IMHO this is the perfect set up, no cooking, private sleeping areas, not having to move machine to have meals. The price IMHO is reasonable - three night and eight meals for $225. I think I would be hard pressed to find a motel and dining for that price.

Since this is the ONLY retreat I have done it has spoiled me.

Think of it as your own personal mini vacation. What would you spend on a vacation????

Now about some of the goodies that we do, LQS offers a 'main project' for those that want. OR you can work on your own. She brings in a masseuse (our $'s Last year it was backs, this yr will be feet) On Sat. the can take a 'mini class' for usually a wool project. There are always give aways from the shop owner. Sat night is show-n-tell (which I have retreat pictures in my album). Did I say that this has spoiled me!! :mrgreen:

Oh I forgot to mention, there are about 40 of us (some yrs more this year less) So everyone loves to visit and help each other with projects.

IMHO everyone should try a retreat, it helps get your quilting juices going.