View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
sherriequilts

Originally Posted by rslindiana
Originally Posted by shequilts
A close friend of mine designed and copyrighted a beautiful 12 Days of Christmas BOM. I participated and gladly paid the monthly fee. Like so many exceptional BOMs, it wasn't cheap!
Tonight, a mutual acquaintance of both the designer and me, called to ask if I had made the BOM. I responded that I had. She immediately said, "Oh goody, I'll have to get a copy. It's too expensive to buy."
I was floored! I said, "You know it's copyrighted." She did not back up one inch. She proceeded to try to make a date to come by and get the pattern. I literally made up every excuse in the world why not this week. I have no intention of giving it to her, but don't want a confrontation. I just keep hoping she'll forget about it if I make it inconvenient for her.
I'm so annoyed about this. I know what I'm going to do and I'll end up having to end this relationship.
What would you have done?
I would try to be honest, non-confrontational, non-judgemental, and firm that she's not getting the pattern from me... I would call HER and say 'Just wanted you to know I checked with Mrs. Designer, we're close friends you know and I can ask her anything, and she said I can't give you my pattern. I purchased it for my use only. Sorry. Here is her number if you want to call her yourself."
OOOOOO! This is a really good one! :-)