Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How would you have responded? >

How would you have responded?

How would you have responded?

Old 02-28-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by shequilts
A close friend of mine designed and copyrighted a beautiful 12 Days of Christmas BOM. I participated and gladly paid the monthly fee. Like so many exceptional BOMs, it wasn't cheap!
Tonight, a mutual acquaintance of both the designer and me, called to ask if I had made the BOM. I responded that I had. She immediately said, "Oh goody, I'll have to get a copy. It's too expensive to buy."
I was floored! I said, "You know it's copyrighted." She did not back up one inch. She proceeded to try to make a date to come by and get the pattern. I literally made up every excuse in the world why not this week. I have no intention of giving it to her, but don't want a confrontation. I just keep hoping she'll forget about it if I make it inconvenient for her.
I'm so annoyed about this. I know what I'm going to do and I'll end up having to end this relationship.
What would you have done?
:thumbdown: Since she know both you and the designer, and Pressed you for a:copy; It Looks to me like she was fishing to see if you would break the law. Whatever her motive, pressing you to do so is in Extreme bad taste and pretty much tells you the "friendship" is not real. Give her the "boot" if she shows up on your doorstep to "ask" you one more time

Oops! sorry, I was so upset by this "friend's" attitude I failed to read any further in the Thread...