View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:04 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
My sister managed to get my mothers old ironing board that had an electrical plug for your iron built in (you plugged in the cord from the board to the outlet) and a retractible arm to hold your iron's cord out of the way. It was really sturdy, too. Wish I could somehow manage to convince her to give it to me!! They don't make 'em like they used to!!

I have one similar but mine is a lot larger than the american size ironing boards as it is from Germany. Have the electrical cord but 220 doesn't work here so am unable to use that feature now. Not sure of the exact width and length but it is more than double the American size and works well for me.

I have thought about the big board and am still considering it. Also have a small ironing station by my machine for when I am piecing so all of that work is done so only really need it for the final pressing of the front and back before quilting. I can see the advantage of having the big board just not thrilled about having to move it on and off for when I do my normal ironing....and yes I still iron our clothing old fashioned as that may sound.