View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:09 AM
wytetygeress

mine isn't quite that bad. We went today and looked at a quilt frame and machine that the LQS was selling for 3000..(floor model) and when we left he looked at me and said " i think we can get something better" ie meaning more expensive..I have tried in the past to keep the cost down on things but he finds something does a ton of research and if he believes it a good thing that's what he gets..Case in point, I started quilting on a White quilt star 1750 (?) that we bought from goodwill for 35 bucks. After a few months i said that i would like a new machine without some many little quirks..We started looking at a Viking sapphire 855 ( about a grand) After months of researching and testing driving all the different machines I ended up with a Viking Designer SE LE...about a 3000 dollar different then what i began with. I learned a long time ago if i can't beat him..join him, and to be grateful that i am spoiled rotten =) Enjoy your new quilting partner. I know i do, even if he doesn't actually quilt with me =)