View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:58 AM
olebat

1) For clothes, a regular folding ironing board hanging on the door. Rarely gets used. 2) have an ironing cover for the cutting table, which I cot from Handcocks. Love it to press WOF before cutting, ironing backings, and when working on whole quilts and gluing bindings. 3) made a slide-on ironing cover with hanging gadget pocket bag for side table of sewing table. Great for quick stitch-n-press without having to get up from machine. The room is small, so the iron is plugged in at that work site, and reaches the full length of the cutting/ironing table. 4) Made a portable ironing board out of my Daddy's classroom drafting board. Used a layer of Termabrite covered with heavy duty cotton duct, added a self made trim, finished with upholstery tacks. It has a unadorned drawer pull for easy carry convenience. I also have the carry bag he had made for the drafting board. I use it when I'm sewing away from home. I put the rulers and cutting mat in with the ironing board - they're well protected. Have cutting mat which I will adhere to back side of board. (Still contemplating how to cut and attach it - any ideas?) Have a TV table to put it on for weekend getaways (Use an anti slip sheet under it.) 4) Also have two omni-grid cut and press folders of different sizes for short, or light weight road trips. Both are convenient, and usually used with a mini iron.