View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:53 AM
JNCT14

So I had posted pictures a while back of my sewing room move and redo with no money. Now we are talking NO space - I think I have every inch of the walls covered with shelves, hanging things, etc. I have a big bulletin board that I batted and covered and thought 'ok there's my design wall'. Wrong! That board I want to use for pinning up patterns, directions, scraps, inspiration pieces - bottom line is I need a design wall as well!

So here is what I am going to do. The only free wall space I have is behind my door on the same side as the bulletin board. I could mount the design wall there but I don't want to close the door. So I am going to Home Depot this weekend to buy the sliding closet door hardware. I will mount the hardware to the ceiling about 2 inches away from the wall. I will take a piece of 1 x 2 cut to length and attach the little rollers and hardware to it. Then I will take my batting cut to width and length, bind it, and attach to the 1 x 2. Hang, and voila! a moveable design wall that can be hung behind the door when not in use and slid in front of the bulletin board when I need it! Cool, huh?