View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Judi in Ohio

I have used a few things for paper piecing. Yellow pages was recommended for strip blocks. I used those until someone recommended doodle pads from the dollar store - they are the bomb. You have to cut them down, but that paper just snaps off - it is so easy. My husband is a graphic artist and is looking at buying it in a cut 500 ream. I just copied Jinny Byers newest quilt pattern BOM, which is pp. There are 13 blocks and I printed the first instruction page in regular paper and the next pattern pieces in the doodle pad I had cut up. I've always hated to pull that darn paper off, but the doodle pads are sooo easy - and way less than vellum. I've got a ream of vellum here - never thought to use it.
Judi

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I hope I get an answer on this quick!
I have read somewhere, that you can use vellum paper to print quilting designs on for machine quilting!
Has anyone done this?
How well does it work?

I am wondering because there is a liquidation sale going on today that has scrapbooking stuff and she has tons of vellum paper for sale 12 sheets for $1.00! I thing all of the lighter colors should work!