Old 01-17-2009, 04:04 PM
dlf0122quilting

What a wonderful son you have. And what a wonderful mother he has. I have a granddaughter who lost her daddy when she was 14 mo. old (our son) and she had no memories of him except what her mother told her so I put together a photo album quilt for her with pictures of her and her daddy and then her daddy as he was growing up until he passed away. He was in the Army and so his army picture is beside one of her on the label and it says "I will always be your guardian angel" I put 2 - 9" pocets on the back for her to put any letters she wants to write to him and the other to put a journal in to write things that people tell her about her daddy so she will have some memories as she grows older. She is 11 now. She won't let her half siblings touch it but she shows it to everyone and tells them about her daddy now. I also put long ties in it so when she says her prayers at night she can say one for her daddy and mommy and tie a knot for the prayer. She will never part with it. She still has the one I made for her when she was born and I have repaired it so she can still snuggle up in it too. She wants me to teach her but she live 400 miles from me so when she comes for a visit we sit and learn together. I feel so blessed!! God gave me the skills for reasons beyond what I can fathom.