View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Gabrielle's Mimi

As I read these posts, I find it interesting that there are such divergent viewpoints...makes it interesting. My worst fear is that when I die my fabric will not end up being well utilized. I keep thinking, "Should I make a will for my fabric?" It was gut-wrenching to see Peter and the volunteers take her fabric away. But getting back to the show: IMHO, if there isn't balance, there is going to be a problem. If all her free time was spent sewing for QOV (a wonderful cause)and none on her family, that is out of balance. If her living room was totally full to the brim with fabric and no where to sit, that is out of balance. I have a darling GD and as much as I love quilting, if my home seemed unsafe for my kids to bring her to my house, you can bet I'd clean it up in a heartbeat! As much as we all love quilting, we have to strive for a bit of balance to keep everything sane. I truly believe that although the experience was rough on that poor woman, she did seem relieved to have everything taken care of when she couldn't do it herself.