Old 01-17-2009, 09:18 PM
BlueChicken

I think bj had a really good point... the only thing we can control is how much we get out of it.

I recently made a wall hanging in memory of a friend's little girl who died of cancer, just shy of her third birthday.

Another friend asked what I was going to do with it when it was finished, and I had to confess I had no idea. It was the process, not the product, that was important.

It was the process of making it that I needed to do, do deal with my grief, and the end result was ...... not irrelevant, but not as important as the making was.

When it was finished I was so pleased with it I did give it to the family, and they loved it and hung it up. If they hadn't liked it, I wouldn't have been hurt, my backup plan was to raffle it to raise funds for the Child Cancer Foundation over here.

I guess the point I'm trying to make (I'll get there eventually! LOL) is that sometimes the love and time you pour into a quilt is for you, not someone else. YOU know how much it cost (financially and emotionally) and that's enough.

Once it leaves your hands, you have to let go.