Old 01-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

well, my daughters have some idea that if mama gives you a homemade anything, better at least make some effort bc about four years ago I wore myself out one christmas crafting. Nobody even blinked! They grew up with me sewing for them, the house, etc. etc. and I didn't say much, but got into a slump, probably an anxiety that I put on myself, but couldn't sew for anybody but the grandbabies out of fear that they wouldn't like it.
Think they must have discussed it, bc they have voiced interest in my quilting stuff since then. I have openly said that if I did all that work and spent all that money, if they weren't pleased, to please keep it, even if it's in a closet and lie to me about how much they love it, lol!
They love me and i know that. Think they think i am going to make them something out of double knit or huge flowers like a hippie van, lol!
I used to like everything. I think my tastes have improved greatly, but I pay attention to what others like and have even asked them about preferences.
Now the grandbabies are very appreciative. I have one that hugs everything and ooh's and aw's big time.
I so agree though, ppl have no idea. To buy a gift is nice. To make a gift...that's priceless. C