View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
shequilts

Well, she dropped by. I was anxious to see if, or when, she even brought up the subject. If she did, there was going to be a short answer.
The first thing out of her mouth was, "can I see your patterns?" We headed off to my studio and she began looking through my books and fabrics. She then said, "I've always wanted to learn how to applique."
Opportunity!!!! I directed her to the file where I store my BOMs.. I said, "there are lots of quilts made from the patterns in these books, but not so many of these... (BOMs.) They're expensive, so they're relatively limited.
I'll teach you to applique and to pick your fabrics, but you must purchase your own pattern. They're copyright protected, so you'll need your own. Besides, it will take a good while to make the quilt. You'll refer to it often."
She had the pattern in question, in her hand, as she looked up at me. It looked as if a light had just turned on in her head.
She paused for a second and then said, "That's a good deal, I'll take it."
I didn't embarass her or challenge her integrity, she got the message and will soon own her very own copy. She left happily believing she would soon be part of a select group.

I feel much better now that this is over. The relationship is saved, both friends are whole.

Thanks to everyone for the interesting comments. This was fun!