View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 03:36 AM
Diana Lynne

Originally Posted by tutty
Hi, joined a organic farm co op with my sis !! Good right ? Well they will be having a get together and you need to bring a cooked veg or green to it with a recipe ! Well not to up on cooking Greens especially when you don't want to use bacon or ham !!!! Can anyone out there help me ? We are talking mustard, collard, kale, spinach,turnip and and and and MAN oh Man did not know how many greens they grew !!!! Please , pretty please with sugar on top some real simple tasty cooked or whatever greens recipes you might have !!! Thank you , Bless You ! Maybe everyone can benifit from this ? Yay !!!!
I grew up eating greens :D ..Here is my recipe for things like mustard greens, turnip, collard greens..My Kids LOVE them..I buy 2 bunches at a time and cook them and its still not enough to go around....You put your greens in a pot, fill it to about half way with water..Add your salt (to your taste or want) , a tad bit of veg.oil ( usually a couple of drops)..Add about two teaspoons of sugar..When the greens cook down, stir it and taste them..If needed add a touch more of either salt or sugar to taste..and cook for a little longer till greens are tender..