View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Pamela Artman

Originally Posted by Lori S
I have asked myself this question ... many times. I think its too big when you can not accomplish your quilting goals becasue the process of finding the fabric(s) in your stash is a project all in itself.... and you do not get on to your original goal of making quilts.
A second intidicator is that you purchase new because the process of finding fabric in your stash is just too overwhelming.
A third is that you often make the same purchase because you could not find or did not remember you had that same or very similiar fabric.
Fourth is that un-opened boxes/bags or opened but no place to put them are gathering.

I have taken the "oath" on fabric purchases since I realized that there have been times when a few of the above applied to me. A personal reality check was in order.
I think this has been one of the reasons she buys new fabric for a new project. It's just too much trouble for her to dig through her stash to find something to use, or she can't find something she knows she has, so she buys more. And of course, she just loves fabric and can't resist it, no matter how much she already has!