Old 02-28-2011, 10:04 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
Hello. I have a Brother SE-270D that I've finally decided my LOVE/HATE relationship I have with it has turned to hate.
I have had a lot of problems with the machine ever since I first got it for Christmas a few years ago. I am unable to embroider with it at all because it leaves large loops of thread on top but they are larger underneath. I have tried pretty much every trick in the book to fix it. I've tried different types (polyester, rayon, etc.) of thread, different brands, I've cleaned the thing countless times, re-threaded, changed the bobbin thread, changed the needles, etc. etc. etc.......So, after a few years of grief with this machine, I'm considering throwing it out in the yard and shooting it.
First, I would like to get a different machine, though.

I would like to know what embroidery machine(s) you have or have used and how that worked out for you. Details about the machine you like and don't like and all that stuff, please.

I do know I would like a 12" x 18" (or somewhere in that area) embroidery area.
I would like a machine I can hook straight to the computer or at least use a jump drive. I don't want to deal with the "cards" anymore.
I would love for the machine to have the abiltiy to embroider caps.
Cutting jump threads automatically would be a big plus.
I would like one that has multiple needles so I wouldn't have to do thread changes, but I priced one of those once for about $13,000. I don't see that happening. ;)
I really don't care if the machine sews or not. I have a sewing machine...
Thanks for any opinions or input on this subject. :D
I have Husqvarna Viking machines. I love my Diamond, which runs about $9000, maybe a little less. It has a huge embroidery area, computer hookup or memory stick. Check it out. I don't know about any other machines as I don't have any nearby dealers other than the Viking one. Viking has great online support also. You can get updates and upgrades via the internet no extra charge. They also have the new Ruby which is cheaper than the Diamond with most of the same features. You can check them out at www.husqvarnaviking.com. Good Luck in your search.