View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 01:47 AM
miss_ticky2

Originally Posted by carolaug
The fabric gets stuck in the plate more than seems normally, the bobbin goes nuts with its running low and there is no warning when its out. It does not like thick seams....like bindings.(I never had a problem doing thick seams with my Kenmore) Most of the time I can get it to keep going. I am a fairly new sewer and do not know alot about the machine so maybe I am doing something wrong. I also still do not get the single hole plate. I do like how I can FMG a queen quilt with no problems...
Try to work out the single hole plate if you're getting fabric stuck in the hole. I don't bother to use the single hole myself most of the time but it's good to have it in case.

With the bobbin, make sure the little tail that you hold when you start winding the bobbin is trimmed right back. When the bobbin gets low, that tail can get caught and twisted with the thread that comes off as you are sewing (I had this happen)

What foot are you using that it gets stuck on? Do you have the new O2 foot. And have you tried the Accufeed feet? I simply love the accufeed system. There are additional feet you can buy..like the Accufeed 1/4" foot. Also, try sewing with less pressure on the presser foot. I sew generally with it on about 3 or 4.

Also, anyone with this machine, or contemplating getting it, can join the Yahoo JanomeHorizon 7700 group. It's a great group and there's lots and lots of information and help there. I joined before I bought my machine.