View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Mari

Hi I am new posting on this board, but read it almost everyday. The people here are just lovely and helpful people. A few weeks ago, in my LQS, I saw this quilt on display. It was a pattern that was done in a class at this shop. I love this pattern, but do not usually attend classes as my budget is very tight. I bought the book and made the templates out of plastic template sheet. The first three, maybe four8 that I made, were a big "fail". After I caught on, I did better and finished the small quilt. Not all the points made it to home, but I still loved it, could not stop looking at it, and am hand quilting it. Since, in the process of cutting, I inadvertantly "shaved" the templates, even though I used double the width of the plastic and glued them together, I decided, for the next one, I would order the templates. from her website. They arrived and are much better than the plastic templates I had used. I also used my 45mm cutter because when I tried cutting with the 28mm I cut my finger---twice! She recommends the 28 cutter, but I used the 45 with the new templates. I am currently collecting neutrals to make the quilt like the one in the book--wedding quilt and this will probably take me a year--maybe more! I say---stick with it. Keep going. I am not out of the beginner catagory yet, but managed to put it together out of sheer stubborness.!!