View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

I have a similar set up but in my home. I understand where you are coming from. I have people just looking every where in my home, grabbbing food and using stuff. I have set some parameters. When they bicker with each other it is too hard. We had one person who was just not happy and wanted people to cater to her. Fortunately she moved out of state. Maybe you can say that you would love to have it again but maybe the group can meet some where else. Also it sounds like in your case it might be better to have everyone work on their own project. So yes, do not give up on your friends but try and make some changes to help bring back the joy. I have thought about quiting but I have a large fmaily and this works for me. I now sit and sew atleast one evening a week. As a group we have gone through a lot. All of us lost our mothers in the time our group has been going and some other issues including medical. None of us are perfect and instead of getting new friends maybe some parameters need to be set. It does seem like your friends are having way to good a time because they are being catered too and are getting freebies. I have some of that going on but then I am enabling them too I guess. KWIM? Hugs, Anna

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
For several years a group of us ladies got together every week and spent most of the day sitting around quilting, visiting, helping each other and having lunch together. We had a lot of fun doing this. And then it started going sour. We started out piecing our quilts by hand and quilting in hoops, each working on their own things. Then we set up a frame. We took turns quilting on quilts for each other. Some of the ladies would just show up to quilt when theirs was in the frame, then they started bickering about the correct way to do it. They would forget who was supposed to provide lunch that day. One of the ladies showed up drunk and fell off her chair and we had to call an ambulance. All of the meetings took place in my home so I had all the mess to worry with each week. I never got any work done on my own stuff because I was always helping someone else. I didn't mind that at all. I enjoy helping someoneelse. But, with all the desention, it got to where i was dreading quilting day. So, I called it off until further notice. Now, they are all wanting to start the group back up. I have serious reservations. But, these are some good friends and I do enjoy them. Just not all the hastles. What do you think? Should I get the club started back again???