View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM
LucyInTheSky

I think setting ground rules would be beneficial. I have friends come over for craft night. They come over here since I have a big house, a big living room, and a big screen tv for watching Charmed/Gilmore Girls/Buffy. I really don't mind being the host, since I find it easier to do the cleaning than going to someone else's house (I'm strange). We set it up that I make the main dish, and then assign each of them a side/dessert/wine. They all bring their own projects and we talk, quilt, and hang out. After a few hours they go away. I absolutely love it and look forward to it. We had a new member (bf of the one of the crafters) who just turned 21 and as such, IMO, has a drinking issue. I talked to my friend about it and said I don't mind if he drinks, I'd just prefer less. And it was no big deal, not an issue again.

I think in your case, I would suggest going back to doing your own projects. Frame seemed to not work with this dynamic. Everyone brings their own thing. Maybe limit it to a few hours so it's less taxing on everyone. And try dividing up the food, so everyone brings a little something. Also, you might want to limit the people. 3-5 works best for us, above 7 makes me start to cringe.