View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

i don't know whether to feel right at home on this post or turn red bc I feel right at home on this post, lol!!!
For a couple years I was absolutely "quilting mad"...meaning, I bought everything in sight. I went from less than half of a 8x11 bedroom to filling up a whole 11x13 room. I have four machines, bc i gave one to my daughter. One of the four is a serger I have had for years, and one of them was my grandma's and i think it weighs 50-80 lbs. I'll never part with it.
OOPS! 'scuse me, I have six machines, now. two are in cabinets and being used as tables! (they were both given to me.)
anyway, I too have more fabric than I could use up in a lifetime. Some was gave to me, and most was on sale.
As I am disabled and hubby became disabled last year, it really made me put the brakes on. I was actually relieved to have to stick to a budget. I was so out of control, I sometimes cried the day after a shopping binge. :cry:
I am much better about it all now, but 9 out of 10 times, if I even look, I have to have something, at least a magazine, a fat quarter or a remnant. I get some kind of happy high. where is this fabriholic post on here. think I need to visit there, even if I have made tremendous progress. C