View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:29 AM
kittykatz2001

I know how overwhelming it can be. It's like trying to cook in a dirty kitchen!!! One step at a time is all you can do. I started over 4 weeks ago on mine. I'vw been in 4 to 6 hours a day with a day off now and then. I've had my quilt room from the beginning and now am fine tuning it. You learn as you go. It's not the first time. But this time I have vowed to put things up as I get them and when I finish a quilt, cut up what's left into squares or strips for scrap quilts.

Just start on one thing like folding them a certain way so they will stack well together. I use a 8 1/2 x 24 Clearview ruler to wrap my yardage fabrics around then fold in the middle. First I measure then after it's folded I put a label on it with the yardage. Keep all your FQ's in another place. I seperate yardage, FQ's, half-yards and 1 yard pieces. Makes it so much easier. Rome wasn't built in a day. Remember, one day at a time and stick with it and it will get done and you will be so proud. I hate spending time looking for something when I could be quilting or on this board, LOL! Take a before and after photo. Good luck, katie